Immigration Petitions Before USCIS
Family of US Citizens
U.S. citizens may petition for the following family members to receive either a green card, a fiancee visa or a K-3/K-4 Visa based on your relationship:
- Children (unmarried and under 21)
- Sons and daughters (married and/or 21 or over)
- Parents (if you are 21 or over)
- Siblings (if you are 21 or over)
- Fiance(e)(and children of fiancé(e) under 21)
- Children of Spouse (unmarried and under 21)
Family of Green Card Holders
Green card holders (permanent residents) may petition for the following family members to immigrate to the United States as permanent residents:
U.S. citizens may bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad to the United States to marry.
Immigrant visa applicants who are spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens (immediate relatives) can apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers before they leave the United States.
VAWA (Battered Spouse, Children & Parents)
As a battered spouse, child or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
U-Visa (Victims of Human Trafficking & Violent Crimes)
- T nonimmigrant status provides immigration protection to victims of trafficking. The T Visa allows victims to remain in the United States and assist law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking cases.
- U-Visa-U nonimmigrant status provides immigration protection to crime victims who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse as a result of the crime. The U visa allows victims to remain in the United States and assist law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Children who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization.
- SAT:By Appointment
- SUN:By Appointment
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Contact Us”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Valparaiso Location”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Orland Location”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Indianapolis Location”]