Someone in the U.S. is killed in a traffic accident every 12 minutes and a car accident happens every 10 seconds, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Car accidents are the most common of personal injury cases. They happen all the time. Chances are that you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, truck accident, SUV roll over, or motorcycle accident, please call our office immediately at 219-513-3302 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Why Do You Need an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Our goal is to make sure that you receive full and fair compensation for the pain and suffering as a result of your personal injuries. Even if you do not believe that you are severely injured, please do not try to handle the case on your own. This is a mistake that many people make. Many of those people eventually decide to get an attorney, but by this time they have damaged their case by talking to the insurance company, allowing the insurance company to destroy evidence, not locating witnesses immidiately, etc.
It is not a good idea to try to settle the case on your own. First of all, unless you are very experienced in handling personal injury cases, you will not know how much your case is worth. Just because you did not break any bones does not mean that your case is not worth a lot of money. Moreover, sometimes the pain and discomfort from certain injuries, such as concussions and neck and back injuries, do not surface immediately. However, an MRI, CAT-scan, or x-ray may reveal permanent injuries, which may cause more pain and suffering over time.
Car accidents cause serious injuries. Some need immediate medical attention, while others take days or weeks for the pain and discomfort to surface. The insurance company adjusters’ job is to pay out as little money as possible. Some even receive bonuses for paying out the least amount of money as possible. So, if they make you an offer before you obtain an attorney, it is probably because they are trying to close out your case as soon as possible, before you decide to hire an attorney. Often, they will make you an offer before you have even begun or finished your medical treatment for your injuries. This should be a major red flag. It is not possible for you or the insurance company to know the extent or permanence of your injuries before you are done with your medical treatment.
Alex Mendoza Law knows how much your case is worth and will fight for you to get the fair compensation that you deserve. Please call us immediately at 219-513-3302 or email us at email@example.com for a FREE CONSULTATION.
What Do You Do After a Car Accident?
- You should call the police immediately. Do not only exchange information with the other driver(s). It is very important that you call the police to make a police report. Also, if there are any serious injuries, it is best that those people be attended by trained paramedics and be transported to the hospital immediately.
- If possible, obtain as much evidence as possible. Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved. Also, take pictures of any cuts or bruised that you may have sustained as a result of the accident.
- Request the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Take down their name, phone number, and address if possible.
- Politely ask the police office to please show you the narrative that he will submit with the police report to make sure that it is accurate, fair, and takes into account your version of the story.
- If there are skid marks or any other evidence relevant to the accident, take pictures if possible.
- SAT:By Appointment
- SUN:By Appointment
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Contact Us”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Valparaiso Location”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Orland Location”]
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Indianapolis Location”]